11 4 / 2014
My first day working in over two years
I want everyone to think I’m like
But really I’m like
20 3 / 2014
11 3 / 2014
Throwing a party:
Everyone’s enjoying themselves
And you’re in the kitchen worrying everything’s going to go to hell
01 3 / 2014
THE 13 STAGES OF LIFE WITH A SLEEP DISORDER
1. You’re psyched that your sleep hygiene (i.e. reading, meditating, appropriately medicating) is going to work tonight.
2. You finally turn in for the night, excited to fall in to a deep sleep.
3. You get sleepy.
4. But sleep doesn’t come.
5. You pass through the three stages of Insomnia mourning – anger at watching the time tick by
6. Sadness that everyone else is asleep
7. And finally resignation as you give up on all chances for a good night’s rest.
8. For those of us with partners, we look on jealously at their peaceful, sleeping faces.
9. You keep yourself occupied, trying to do anything to make you tired.
10. Finally, whatever you’re doing turns in to sleepiness
11. And you knock out …at an ungodly hour, in to a restless sleep.
12. And while the rest of the world is waking up ready to go to seize the day
13. You are either still asleep, or waking up, dreading to start the cycle over again.